Honors Carolina Courses
Registering for Honors Carolina Courses
Honors Carolina students receive priority registration and can register online for Honors courses before they are available to other eligible students. Students are encouraged to review the registration tips & tricks below and contact the Honors Carolina office for assistance with registration issues.
Honors Carolina Courses
Honors Carolina courses are rigorous and challenging. Led by some of Carolina’s most distinguished faculty, these courses rely on research and hands-on learning to explore academic subjects in depth.
Honors Carolina First Year Seminars
Honors Carolina offers more than a dozen seminars specifically designed for first year students. All first year students must enroll in one Honors First Year Seminar. Students who do not complete this requirement during the Fall semester will receive priority registration for Honors First Year Seminars in the Spring.
Honors Carolina Course Equivalents:
Additional Opportunities to Gain Honors Credit
Honors Carolina offers several alternative ways to earn course credit toward their graduation requirements:
- Honors Study Abroad Programs
- Burch Field Research Seminars
- Dunlevie Honors Colloquia
- Honors Contract
- Faculty-Mentored Research
- Honors Carolina Fellowships
- Graduate-Level Coursework
- Non-Honors Study Abroad Programs
Registration Tips & Tricks: Honors Courses & ConnectCarolina
Use the Class Search feature to find honors courses that fulfill certain General Education requirements:
- Enter “HNRS” in the Class Search Criteria field
- Click the “+” button to add another search criteria
Find honors course descriptions & registration information in ConnectCarolina:
- After performing a class search, click on the course section number to view the Class Detail page
- Scroll down to the Class Notes section for detailed course information
Wait list an honors course:
- Wait listing for honors courses is not handled in ConnectCarolina. If you try to register for an honors course and find that it is full, add your name to the wait list by completing the request form at honorscarolina.unc.edu/waitlist.
Spring 2017 Registration
Members of Honors Carolina will register for honors courses when their enrollment appointment begins in November.
Other students may register or wait list honors courses beginning on Wednesday, November 16.
Honors Carolina courses have an average of 22 students.
Access to Honors Carolina Courses
If space is available, students with a 3.0 GPA may enroll in Honors Carolina courses during the regular registration period.
More than 200 students each year are introduced to Honors Carolina this way.