Senior Thesis Research Grants

Research grants are available to help offset the cost of conducting a Senior Honors Thesis. The grants, up to $500, can cover the cost of equipment, supplies, software, publications, transportation, and other expenses.

Students must apply through the academic unit’s honors director or their project advisor (for units without honors directors). The Fall 2015 Call for Applications was sent to departments on September 2, 2015; application forms are online and are due to the Honors Carolina office by 4:00 pm on September 30, 2015. Students may not submit applications directly to Honors Carolina.

The following awards are made possible through gifts to Honors Carolina and are awarded annually.

  • The Michael P. and Jean W. Carter Research Award
  • The Gillian T. Cell Senior Thesis Research Award in the College of Arts & Sciences
  • The Sarah Steele Danhoff Undergraduate Research Award
  • The Dunlevie Honors Undergraduate Research Award
  • The Gordon P. Golding Senior Honors Thesis Award
  • The Gump Family Undergraduate Research Award
  • The Honors Undergraduate Research Award
  • The Rodney F. Hood Undergraduate Research Award
  • The Kimball King Undergraduate Research Award
  • The William F. Little Prize for Creative Research in Honors
  • The Tom and Elizabeth Long Excellence Fund for Honors

For More Information

To learn more about applying for a Senior Honors Thesis research grant, contact your departmental honors advisor. For questions regarding eligibility, application status, allowable expenses, or reimbursement procedures, contact Jason Clemmons at Honors Carolina.