The Johnston Center has five classrooms in Graham Memorial that feature state-of-the-art teaching and communications technology:
- GM 035: George H. and Janet J. Johnson Master Classroom
- GM 038: William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable Trust Master Classroom
- GM 210: Robert Rearden, Jr. Seminar Room
- GM 212: Sherwood H. Smith, Jr. Seminar Room
- GM 213: Lawrence L. and Carol Green Gellerstedt III Seminar Room
Any member of the UNC community may reserve event space in the Johnston Center. Priority is given to events with a strong connection to the University’s mission of undergraduate education.
- GM 039: The Kresge Foundation Common Room: Seating for 100. $350 Rental Fee.
- GM 011: The Laura M. and Peter T. Grauer Living Room: Seating for 16. $75 Rental Fee.
- GM 109: John Lindsay Morehead II Lounge: $400 Rental Fee.
- The Educational Foundation Terrace: $200 Rental Fee.
- GM 211: Arts and Sciences Foundation Conference Room: Seating for 10. $75 Rental Fee.
- GM 012: The Julia Child Kitchen: No fee if renting GM 109, GM 011, or GM 039.
Event Fees: Rental fees may be requested to be waived for events directly related to Undergraduate educational instruction only. A security fee (minimum of $64/4 hours) and a catering fee may apply.
Reserve a Classroom or Event Space
Please review our Event Use, Alcohol Use, and Event Cancellation policies, and then complete the Reservation Request Form to request the use of a classroom or event space. If you have questions or want to visit the space, contact Aëron Delaney at (919) 843-7001.
Event Space and After-Hours Classroom Reservations: (919) 843-7001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom usage prior to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday and prior to 4:00 pm on Friday is managed by the Classroom Scheduling office: (919) 962-6093