The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will annually identify a group of up to 100 high-achieving students from around the world with demonstrated leadership and civic commitment to receive full funding to pursue a wide-ranging graduate education at Stanford, with the goal of developing a new generation of global leaders. The Knight-Hennessy Scholars is the largest fully endowed scholars program in the world.Application Details Apply Now
You must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholarship:
- Have applied to plan to apply to any full-time graduate degree program at Stanford
- Apply during your final year of study for your first/bachelor’s degree or within four years of earning your first/bachelor’s degree
- Receive UNC’s endorsement through ODS.
Friday, September 1, 2017 (5:00 pm ET)
Tips & Advice
Applicants interested in applying for the Knight-Hennessy should:
- Review the ODS “Tips & Advice” document for general advice on applying for a distinguished award.
- Attend the ODS Prep-Shop (do not bring portions or drafts of statements).
- Meet with the ODS director to discuss your application and submit a resume, CV, or list of principal activities, preferably before the end of the spring semester. Applicants will receive advice to consider over the summer as they prepare for the endorsement deadline.
- Submit a preliminary draft personal statement to the ODS director, preferably before the end of the spring semester. Applicants will receive feedback to consider over the summer as they prepare for the endorsement deadline. Note: You may receive feedback on your Knight-Hennessy personal statement and essays, but you may not incorporate the revised prose from the statement or essay content into a Rhodes or Mitchell Scholarships personal statement.