- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk: Interviews
February 26, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Let’s Talk Roundtables are weekly interactive Drop-In sessions for Honors Carolina Students to learn and discuss a rotating series of Career Planning Topics with an Honors Coach. Free form and Dynamic, they can be attended in any sequence. Come to the topics that interest YOU, skip the rest. While Work-Shops and Training sessions help you understand the What and How’s, these round tables are built to help you understand the Why’s. NO RSVP REQUIRED!!!! (but you are always welcome to)
This weeks theme will be interviews and interviewing. We will talk through the various types of interviews (Behavioral, Analytic, Case and Technical) as well as the different formats (Phone, Face to Face, Video and Group). Here are just some of the concepts we will discuss:
- What does it mean to take control of the interview?
- How do I handle questions if I don’t know the content
- How do I introduce myself?
- What should I wear?
- How do I prepare for an interview?
- What should I ask when they ask if I have any questions for them?
- How do I talk about times I was not as successful as I would have liked?
- How do I answer questions about development opportunities or weaknesses I have?