Honors Carolina Courses
Honors Course Registration
Review your Honors Carolina Status Update Report (emailed to you by Honors Carolina in late May)
Review the Fall 2021 Honors Carolina course descriptions
Members of Honors Carolina may register themselves for honors courses through 6:00 a.m. on Monday, June 14.
- Register for no more than two honors courses
- If enrollment requires faculty permission, there will be a note to that effect in ConnectCarolina (and in the course description online)
Beginning at 8:00 a.m. on June 14…
- Online registration will be suspended for all honors courses.
- Students may submit an Honors Carolina Course Wait List Request form to be added to the wait list.
- The honors wait list option closes at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 11. Wait lists will be purged on Friday, August 13.
- Students may submit no more than two Honors Carolina course wait list requests per semester.
- All eligible students may submit a wait list request for honors courses, though Honors Carolina students receive priority placement.
After wait lists are purged on August 13…
- Students must obtain written instructor permission (email is fine) from the professor teaching any honors course they wish to join.
- That permission should be forwarded to Ms. Jenn Marshburn (email@example.com) for processing.
Honors Carolina Academic Contacts
Director of Curriculum, Recruitment & Operations
Contact for: Honors course equivalents, Honors Carolina Laureate / program requirements
Assistant Director of Recruitment & Operations
Contact for: Program requirements, probation
Enrolled Student Services Coordinator
Contact for: Honors course registration & wait listing; course offerings & descriptions
Members of Honors Carolina receive priority registration for honors classes — and register for those classes via ConnectCarolina when their assigned enrollment period begins each term.
About two weeks after course registration begins, online enrollment for honors courses is suspended and students must submit a wait list request when seeking to add additional honors courses to their schedule.
Non-honors students who have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA may also submit a wait list request, but members of Honors Carolina are given wait list priority.
Honors Carolina courses have an average of 22 students.
Access to Honors Carolina Courses
If space is available, students with a 3.0 GPA may enroll in Honors Carolina courses during the regular registration period.
More than 200 students each year are introduced to Honors Carolina this way.