Honors Carolina Courses
Honors Course Registration
Review the Fall 2019 Honors Carolina course descriptions
Members of Honors Carolina may register themselves for honors courses through 6:00 a.m. on Monday April 15.
- Register for no more than two honors courses
- If enrollment requires faculty permission, there will be a note to that effect in ConnectCarolina (and in the course description online)
Beginning at 8:00 a.m. on April 15…
- Online registration for honors courses will be suspended. Remaining seats will be held for incoming first year honors students through mid-July.
- Students may submit an Honors Carolina Course Wait List Request form to be added to the wait list. In mid-July, we will beginning moving students into available seats.
- The honors wait list option closes at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, August 14. Wait lists will be purged on Friday, August 16.
- Students may submit no more than two Honors Carolina course wait list requests per semester.
- All eligible students will be able to wait list honors courses, though Honors Carolina students receive priority placement.
Spring 2019 Registration
Members of Honors Carolina receive priority registration for honors classes—and will be able to register for those classes when their enrollment period begins in November. On November 19, online enrollment will be suspended for courses that have filled and all students will be required to submit a wait list request to indicate their interest in the course (courses with open seats remaining will not have online enrollment suspended). Wait list requests for full courses may be submitted between Nomeber 19 and January 2. Members of Honors Carolina are given wait list priority.
Honors Carolina courses have an average of 22 students.
Access to Honors Carolina Courses
If space is available, students with a 3.0 GPA may enroll in Honors Carolina courses during the regular registration period.
More than 200 students each year are introduced to Honors Carolina this way.