Honors Carolina has high standards for students who join our program. Students who meet these requirements before graduation will be designated an Honors Carolina Laureate in the commencement bulletin and on their academic transcripts.
Requirements for First Year Students
- Complete an Honors First Year Seminar
- Complete one additional Honors course during their first year
Students who do not meet these requirements will be removed from the program.
Complete 24 Credit Hours in Honors Coursework or Course Equivalents Before Graduation
- 18 hours credit required for students who join Honors Carolina at the end of their first year
- 15 hours credit required for students who join Honors Carolina during the fall of their second year
- 15 hours credit required for second year transfer students
Maintain a 3.0 GPA
If a student’s GPA drops below 3.0, they will be placed on probation for one semester. If the student’s GPA remains below 3.0, they will be removed from the program.